Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 50 minutes | Serves: 12
- 2 to 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 75g butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups Edmonds Gluten-free flour
- Pinch salt
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
* Please check all ingredients are gluten-free before proceeding
- Preheat the oven to 180°.
- Spray a 4 x 8 loaf pan with cooking spray or rub with butter.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas until smooth.
- Add the baking soda to the mashed bananas.
- Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
- Stir in the sugar, salt, eggs, and pure vanilla extract.
- Mix in the flour.
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan.
- Bake on the centre rack for 50 minutes to 1 hour (or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean). Please watch your banana bread because all ovens are different.
- Cool completely before slicing. Enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container.
I adapted this recipe from here. I also added thin slices of extra banana to the top to make it look more interesting. You can easily add chocolate chips to make it sweeter, as well.