These marinated chicken skewers are made to be part of a larger dish. It can be paired well with rice and vegetables. I made mine with a vermicelli noodle salad, you can check out the recipe here.
Time: ~45 minutes | Serves: 5 adults (as part of a dish)
- 1/3 cup Gluten Free Lee Kum Kee Soy Sauce*
- 4 tbsp. Barkers Not so Sweet Chilli Sauce*
- 5 diced garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp. Lupi olive oil*
- Chilli flakes (amount varies on your ‘heat preference’)
- 500g thinly sliced chicken breast (around 1 ½ inch strips)
- Wooden skewers
* if using alternative brands, please check ingredients if you want this dish to remain Gluten Free
- Mix all wet ingredients together in a large, flat dish (you may wish to alter the ingredient amounts to suit your taste preference).
- Skewer chicken strips with wooden skewers, so the chicken strip is down one end of the skewer.
- Place chicken strips in the marinade dish and spoon excess marinade over the chicken, so it is completely covered.
- Cover the dish in Gladwrap and place in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
- Cook the skewers for 10-15 minutes, turning a couple of times until cooked through.
Optional: You could also add sesame seeds on top, as an additional taste and texture!