Time: 1 hour | Serves: 6 adults
- 1 Tbsp olive oil*
- 500g chicken thigh or breast fillets, sliced in small pieces^
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 Tbsp red Thai curry paste*
- 400ml can coconut milk*
- 1 cup chicken stock*
- 500g kumara, cut into 2cm cubes
- 500g cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 250g green beans, trimmed, halved
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ½ cup coriander leaves plus extra, to serve
- Chilli flakes (choose the amount you can handle!)
- Steamed rice, to serve
* check ingredients to make sure these items are gluten-free to make the dish gluten-free
^ can be swapped out for chickpeas to make the dish vegetarian
- Heat oil in a large frying pan on high. Cook chicken for 3-4 minutes, until browned. Remove from pan.
- Sauté onion and garlic in the same pan for 1-2 minutes, until onion is tender.
- Add red curry paste and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Stir in coconut milk, chicken stock and kumara. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Stir in cauliflower and chilli flakes. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Return chicken to the pan and add beans. Cook for another 5 minutes before adding in frozen peas.
- Stir coriander through and cook until peas are softened and warm.
- Serve with steamed rice and extra coriander sprinkled over top.
Note: I added extra kumara and cauliflower, along with extra paste, coconut milk and chicken stock and it bulked the meal out to 5 servings for dinner and then 3 leftover meals for lunch.
Adapted from a Countdown recipe, found here.